Photobucket
Photobucket

September 12, 2010

It's not a place you go, It's a place that comes to you

I recently underwent some minor surgery to remove a benign lipoma. Knowing that I would be bed ridden for a week I had to milk the weekend for everything it could offer, and I have to admit last weekend was highly successful. I sit here bed ridden with a content smile on my face (and an ice pack).
Saturday's itinerary involved a farewell dinner for a friend studying abroad in Spain. I should add that it was an event I planned. My phone doesn't allow me to mass text, so I had to text each person individually, while at work. Pain in the ass but for a good cause. Saturday was fun, civilized, and relaxing.

Now Sunday...was a bit more....loud. Sunday morning began with a routine Disneyland trip with my friend Raych. At 71 degrees, the weather permitted for some hot D-land on D-land action. To break the routine vibe of Disneyland to a Socal resident, Raych and I spent half the day speaking in a "Rachel Zoe" accent. As a disclaimer, I don't advise anyone to try this at home. Conversations move at a devastatingly slow pace and time seems to be completely frozen. Your brain is thinking much faster then you are speaking and things just don't come out right. When you speak in Rachel Zoe, people just assume that you're either on the brink of sucide because everything makes you "die" or that you have an extreme hankering for bananas. Not fun. But mildly entertaining at the very least. I should note that Raych did get a frozen chocolate covered banana and it was "bananas."

Come 4'o clock we rushed off to the Hollywood Bowl in L.A. to catch a performance by Chemical Brothers, Chromeo, and Yacht. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was one of the best live performances I've seen. Chromeo exceeded every expectation that I had, and Yacht is definitely an upcoming band people should keep an eye out for. It was a massive dance party and we made some new friends in the process. I'm definitely reliving Sunday night in my head as I lay here a little messed up on pain killers. I wasn't allowed to bring in a camera with a removable lens, so I stole some pics from the concert on this website.




Chromeo!


YACHT!




noteworthy songs:


No comments: