Photobucket
Photobucket

October 04, 2010

Food that Lies

A few weeks ago I went to a restaurant called "True Foods" up in Newport Beach right by Fashion Island. It has a really cool vibe but I wish someone would've told me that it was a cougar feeding ground. It was the land of true religions, BMWs, and overly tanned ladies. I shouldn't forget to mention the abundance of hipsters as well. I guess that's what you get when you go to an overly priced vegan friendly restaurant.

The menu is a tad deceitful because the plates were about 12.00$ average (which isn't that bad), but they fail to mention that the portions are designed for a cougar wary about bursting out of her spanx or a hipster trying to stay snug in a pair of skinny jeans. So if you're like me, it would take about 2 plates to be full. Therefore, you're looking to spend about 24.00$.

Despite the rather high prices, I'd come back. Where else can you get roasted eggplant pizza? Definitely not at your nearest Dominos. Give me some time to save money but in the mean time I'll just eat at Veggie Grill.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Pesto Ravioli

Photobucket
Photobucket
Forgot the name (chicken over corn...?)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Chicken Pizza

Photobucket

1 comment:

Violet said...

what a bill for so little! the chicken pizza looks good though

XX
Vi from Cali